Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Heart Power Tools

I love power tools! Even before I started making jewelry, I liked power tools.

Enter my Dremel. I had asked for one a few years ago for Christmas and there it was, Christmas morning. A gift from my Mom. I'm sure she thought I was strange for wanting tools, but it wouldn't be the first strange thing I'd ever asked for.











This tool is awesome! With its various attachments, I can do a ton of different things. There are cutting blades which I used to remove the pin backs from broaches to make pendants. The tool also comes with smoothing bits that can smooth the cut metal.




























I recently acquired a drill bit small enough to drill holes in things to make pendants as well. I drilled a hole in a cameo for a necklace. I also drilled holes in guitar picks for a pair of earrings.



















Not to be outdone though, I still use my power drill for jewelry making. Two strands of wire can be twisted into a nifty spiral using my Black and Decker power drill.












When I started making jewelry I would have never considered that I would need a drill and a Dremel, but now that I have them, I can't imagine life without. The next power tool on my wish list? A soldering iron, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment